Communicate Bookkeeping Knowledge, Skill, and Ethics
The Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB) license enables you to place "CPB" behind your name and communicates your bookkeeping knowledge, skill, and ethics to clients. The CPB license is America's number one bookkeeping license.
Become a Certified Public Bookkeeper
The Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB) license enables you to place "CPB" behind your name and communicates your bookkeeping knowledge, skill, experience, and ethics to clients. The license distinguishes you from your competition, builds credibility, validates knowledge, demonstrates skill, verifies experience, and confirms professional ethics.
Bookkeepers obtain the license by completing the required Certified Public Bookkeeper license courses, certifications, and experience, and agreeing to abide by the CPB Professional Code of Conduct.
Each course may be substituted by an approved equivalent accredited course. Upon approval, the course is waived but you must pass the exam.
The Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB) license is accredited by Accounting Analytics Accounting School. The school is a registered Postsecondary Proprietary School providing post-secondary education for educational, vocational, or professional objectives.
- QuickBooks Online
Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB)
- Complete the Accounting Fundamentals, QuickBooks Online Fundamentals, and Payroll Fundamentals courses or equivalent.
- Pass the Bookkeeping, QuickBooks Online, and Payroll exams.
- Verify one-year of bookkeeping experience
- Agree to abide by the CPB Professional Code of Conduct
- Complete the Certified Public Bookkeeper Application for Licensure
Continuing Professional Education
Obtain 24 hours of CPE each year beginning the year after you obtain your license.
- Complete Annual Application for License Renewal
- Complete Annual CPE Reporting Certification Form (included in the Application for License Renewal)
- Bookkeeping applications
- Payroll applications
- Application for Licensure
- Professional Code of Conduct
- Annual application for license renewal
- Annual CPE reporting certification
- Agree and abide by the Professional Code of Conduct
- Complete application for licensure
- Obtain 24 CPE credits